A carer is someone who cares for a family member, friend or neighbour because they are ill, frail, disabled or have mental ill-health or substance misuse problems.
If you are caring for someone who could not manage without your help, you are a carer.
Find out about the help and support you can get, such as:
- information and advice for carers
- support in the workplace
- carers assessment
- short breaks and time out for carers
- young carers
Useful information is also available from GOV.UK: carers and disability benefits.
Carers Week is a campaign that takes place each year to:
- raise awareness of caring
- highlight the challenges that carers face
- recognise the contribution carers make to families and communities throughout the UK
Go to the Carers Week website for more information and to find out about events.