Keeping the process simple
If you are already a foster carer and interested in fostering for Thurrock, we will make sure your transfer to us is as quick and easy as possible.
We will meet with you to:
- talk about your current situation and your reasons for wanting to transfer
- tell you more about how the transfer process works
- carry out an initial assessment to gather more information
If you don't currently have a foster child placed with you
The transfer process is relatively simple if you don't have a foster child placed with you. We will:
- complete the usual assessment processes
- check personal references
- check, references from your current agency
- visit you current agency to view your current form F and review your file
This process usually takes around 3 months to complete and will require you giving 28 days' notice to your current fostering provider.
If you have a foster child placed with you
If you have a foster child placed with you, we must be sure not disrupt their placement. We'll meet with the authority that placed the child and usually it can be agreed that the foster child will transfer with you.
In these situations, the terms of the placement – for both yourselves and the local authority – will be honoured for its duration.
Contact us for more information or to discuss the process.
: 0800 652 1256 (freephone)