If you are already a foster carer and interested in fostering for Thurrock, we will make sure your transfer to us is as quick and easy as possible.
Your approval should be completed within 2 months of your application.
Benefits of transferring to us
There are many benefits of transferring to our fostering community – for example:
- we place with our own carers first, so you'll have a great opportunity to foster children with us
- we offer excellent payment rates that recognise your skills and fostering experience
- foster carers who live in Thurrock and care for children are exempt from paying council tax
- we can provide better matching children and young people for your family
- supervision and support is provided by experienced, skilled and compassionate fostering staff, who are valued by our carers
- our supervising social workers work next to the children's social workers, and we have direct access to key decision makers – our carers love this
- our contact services are more local to where you live in Thurrock
- you will have access to clinical supervision, therapy and support groups
- you'll have opportunities to be part of new projects, where your ideas and contributions can directly benefit our children, young people and foster carers
- you can be part of a range of different fostering schemes, including emergency bed, parent and child, and disabled children's schemes
We'll keep the transfer process simple for you and will make sure there's no disruption if you currently have a child placed with you.
If you're interested in the benefits of switching to Thurrock fostering, please contact us.
: 0800 652 1256 (freephone)