Changes to your circumstances affecting benefits

Benefits – new online service

On Wednesday 9 December we changed to a new online system for housing benefits and council tax support. Our 'My Account' service for benefits is no longer used.

This change does not affect any applications you made before 9 December. We will contact you when we finish processing them. You don't need to contact us.

Your on-going housing benefit payments and council tax support are not affected by this change. You don't need to contact us.

Benefits – Thursday 28 January

On Thursday 28 January, from 6:30pm to 10pm, our online benefits service will not be available.

This is due to essential maintenance. Please do not try to use the service during this time. We apologise for any inconvenience.

If your circumstances change

You must tell us straight away if your circumstances change – the quickest and easiest way to let us know is online.

You can tell us about changes to your circumstances using the online application form below. You do not need to create an account to do this.

You can also use this form to upload copies of evidence that shows your current circumstances.

Tell us about a change affecting your benefits

Do not wait more than 1 month after the change takes place to tell us.

You can also:

  • write to our benefits section at our civic offices
  • come in person to tell us
Thurrock Council Civic Offices
New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL

For coronavirus (COVID-19) safety, the Civic Offices are currently closed for face-to-face services and public meetings.

Wherever possible, please use online services and information. It is vital we keep phone lines free to provide support for vulnerable residents who normally rely on face-to-face support.