How to claim a benefit

Claiming benefits

To claim housing benefit or council tax support you need to complete a claim form.

The quickest and easiest way to claim is online.

You can claim by logging-in to My Account. You can create an account if you don't already have one.

My Account has a benefits calculator that can tell you whether you are entitled to claim housing benefit or council tax support. If you are entitled, it will give you a personal estimate of how much you may be paid.

My Account - benefits

Through our My Account service, you can also see:

  • how your benefits are worked out
  • when you'll be paid next, and how much
  • any previous benefit claims you've made
  • your personal details, which you can change

You should read our page on proof you need to have for your claim, and how you can provide it.

Claim forms are no longer available to download and print.