Council leaseholders

Sign-up for Housing News emails

Housing News is an email newsletter to keep tenants and leaseholders up-to-date with important information. To sign-up, enter your email address for Thurrock Council email updates and select the subscription topic ‘Housing News' or all council updates.

Subletting your property

If you want to sublet your property, you need to send us a formal 'Notice of Sublet'.

Within 1 calendar month of the sublet, we need the following information:

  • written notice the property is going to be sublet, together with the leaseholder’s correspondence address
  • the full name and address of any letting or managing agent used or a statement saying how the property is to be managed and the number of inspections carried out each year
  • a copy of the signed short term lease or tenancy agreement and updates provided at each new signing
  • payment fee where applicable to register the 'Notice of Sublet'

Not doing this may mean that you could be breaking your mortgage and invalidating the buildings insurance policy.