Exporting from Thurrock

Other documents

Other documents may be needed for your exports.

Certificate of Preferential Origin

You may need a 'Certificate of Preferential Origin' to claim reduced import fees or to meet other import requirements. This certificate states where the product originates.

It is issued by the relevant chamber of commerce and a fee is chargeable. A reduced fee may be available to members of the chamber of commerce but you don't have to be a member to apply for one.

Other documents may be requested by your import agent or export agent.

Essex Chambers of Commerce provides information, documentation and guidance. Go to Essex Chambers of Commerce: international trade services.

Certificate of Free Sale

A certificate of free sale states that the product certified is available for free sale in the UK.

These certificates are issued by the government's Rural Payments Agency – go to GOV.UK: Rural Payments Agency. There is currently no fee.

You can download a Certificate of Free Sale application from GOV.UK: export food, drink and agricultural products.

Certificates of Free Sale are not widely accepted. You must check whether the certificate will allow your product to be imported into its destination country.