Following government advice about coronavirus (COVID-19), Grangewaters is closed from Tuesday 24 March until further notice. Your safety and that of our staff is our highest priority. If you already have a booking, please contact us so we can rearrange your activity date or refund your payment.
Grangewaters outdoor education centre
Our residential accommodation is arranged in 2 villages, each with log cabin sleeping accommodation and a dining cabin. All accommodation is heated and insulated for year-round use.
Smaller residential groups have exclusive use of their village and larger groups can be accommodated by making use of both villages. Unlike many centres, we never mix groups of clients in a village.
Camping groups are welcome on our large field and may use either our tents or their own.
Catering is provided by the catering students of South Essex College, offering high-quality, nutritious and balanced meals at a very reasonable cost while at the same time contributing to the learning opportunities for the students. All catering is overseen by a senior member of the college staff.
Beech village offers:
- a self-catering unit
- accommodation for up to 40 young people
- 4 log cabins and a separate log cabin for up to 4 accompanying staff
- a dining cabin with sufficient seating, crockery, cutlery and cooking facilities for all occupants
Hazel village offers:
- full board accommodation
- accommodation for up to 50 young people
- 5 log cabins and a separate log cabin for up to 5 accompanying staff
- a dining cabin with sufficient seating, crockery and cutlery required for visitors and commercial cooking facilities for use by our caterers