Premises licence


A Premises Licence is a permanent licence, granted in respect of a specific location, that authorises the licence holder to carry out a combination of licensable activities.

Licensable activities include:

  • the sale by retail of alcohol
  • the supply of alcohol by a club to club members and guests
  • the provision of regulated entertainment, including plays, films, indoor sports, music and dancing
  • the provision of entertainment facilities
  • the sale of late night refreshment - hot food or drink supplied between 11pm and 5am

Premises Licences may also be used in respect of one-off events at which more than 500 people are expected to attend. A temporary event notice may be more appropriate for smaller one-off events.

Go to our public notices page to read the latest Premises Licence notices.

Premise licences issued

You can check online whether a premises is licensed by us.