New Start scheme
The New Start scheme helps couples and single people, including those with a history of offending, to access suitable private rented accommodation.
As well as helping you find suitable housing, we will work closely with you and your landlord to help you keep your tenancy.
The support we can offer includes:
- help with Housing Benefit, Universal Credit and other benefit claims
- viewing properties with you and negotiating rent and deposit payments
- help with any changes in circumstances
- completing assessments with people who are in prison
- support to settle somewhere new
- supporting landlords with direct payments and deposits
You can benefit from this scheme if:
- you are single or a couple without children
- you are 18 years-old or over
- you have applied to join our housing register and been assessed as 'non-priority'
How to apply
If one of our housing officers is already supporting you with a homelessness application you can ask them about the New Start scheme.
If you are eligible but not already being supported with an application, contact our Homelessness team:
: 01375 652 820