Council tax bills
You usually get one bill a year for each property. The person living in the property normally pays the bill.
Use our online My Account services to:
- get your bills electronically
- check your payment amounts and dates
- check the household details we use to work out your bill
- set up a direct debit
Login to My Account below. You can create an account if you don't already have one.
How much you pay
The total amount you pay depends on the valuation band given for your property.
|Valuation band||Council tax 2023/24||Council tax 2022/23|
The overall increase for 2023/24 is 9.44%. This includes increases of:
- 9.99% on the share that goes towards council services, of which 2% is allowed by the government to help pay for adult social care
- 6.84% on the share that goes towards policing and community safety
- 6.57% on the share that goes towards fire and rescue services
The amounts that go to council, police and fire services in 2023/24 are shown below.
You may be entitled to council tax discounts, exemptions or council tax support depending on your circumstances.
Paying your bill
Direct debit is the fastest and easiest way to pay your council tax bill.
You can pay your council tax online by credit or debit card.