Due to essential maintenance work, we will be unable to take payments online or by phone between 6pm, Friday 21 June and 8am, Monday 24 June. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Paying your council tax
Direct debit is the fastest and easiest way to pay your council tax bill.
If you have recently moved to a new home in Thurrock, you will need to tell us you've moved before you can make your first payment.
When we send you details of your council tax, we will tell you:
- how much you must pay each month
- the dates on which each payment is due
Your annual bill will usually show the first payment is due on 10 April, and that other payments are due each month for 10 months until 10 January.
If you prefer, you can use our council tax – update your details form to ask for your payments to be spread over 12 months, from 10 April to 10 March.
Set up a direct debit
A direct debit is simple to set up and helps you because:
- you stay in control and have a money back guarantee
- it saves you time and money – no more queues, cheques or stamps
- payments are made automatically and payment dates will not be missed
- the payment leaves your bank account on the same date each month so you never have to remember to pay
You can set up a direct debit for your council tax by logging-in to My Account. You can create an account if you don't already have one.
Pay by credit or debit card
You can pay your council tax online by credit or debit card.
Other ways to pay
There are a number of other ways to make a payment.
Get your bills online and check your payments
You can get your council tax bill online and check when payments are due by logging-in to My Account. You can also check your payment history and the household details that we use to work out your bill.