Direct debit is the fastest and easiest way to pay your council tax bill.
If you have recently moved to a new home in Thurrock, you will need to tell us you've moved before you can make your first payment.
When we send you details of your council tax, we will tell you:
- how much you must pay each month
- the dates on which each payment is due
Your annual bill will usually show the first payment is due on 10 April, and that other payments are due each month for 10 months until 10 January.
If you prefer, you can use our council tax – update your details form to ask for your payments to be spread over 12 months, from 10 April to 10 March.
Set up a direct debit
A direct debit is simple to set up and helps you because:
- you stay in control and have a money back guarantee
- it saves you time and money – no more queues, cheques or stamps
- payments are made automatically and payment dates will not be missed
- the payment leaves your bank account on the same date each month so you never have to remember to pay
You can set up a direct debit for your council tax by logging-in to our My Account services. You can create an account if you don't already have one.
Pay by credit or debit card
You can pay your council tax online by credit or debit card.
You can pay online free of charge if you use a debit card from any UK bank. There is a 2% administration charge for payments by credit card.
Other ways to pay
There are a number of other ways to make a payment.
Get your bills online and check your payments
You can get your council tax bill online and check when payments are due by logging into our My Account services. You can also check your payment history and the household details that we use to work out your bill.