We enforce parking, loading and waiting restrictions in the borough.
The main reasons for parking enforcement are to:
- encourage sensible and legal parking
- reduce traffic congestion on our roads
- make our roads safer for drivers, pedestrians, motorcyclists and cyclists
- support town centres by encouraging commuters and other drivers to use long-stay car parks freeing up short-stay spaces
- help blue badge users, by enforcing disabled parking spaces
- allow buses and service vehicles to operate more effectively
- improve the general environment
Reporting problems that need parking enforcement
If you know of an on-going problem that needs parking enforcement, you can report it online.
Simply zoom-in on the map of Thurrock and – if the problem hasn't been reported already – make a new report using the map to show us where the problem is. Tell us as much as you can about the problem to help us investigate. You can check back later for progress updates.
Civil Enforcement Officers
Our team of Civil Enforcement Officers – previously known as parking attendants – is on patrol across Thurrock. They enforce regulations for:
Civil Enforcement Officers on the streets do not deal with: