While our offices are closed, if you need housing advice on homelessness, getting temporary accommodation, our housing register or renting in social housing, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01375 652 820.
Finding somewhere to live
Our online services for viewing rent statements and bidding for council properties were updated on 11 June. You will need to create a new login account to access these services. To do this, go to council housing services online and select the 'create an account' button at the end of the page.
Your old account details have been deleted and your personal data remains secure.
You can expect high service standards from us when you are looking for somewhere to live.
- treat you fairly and courteously at all times
- listen carefully to your enquiry and take note of what you say
- try to get it right first time and solve your enquiry when you first ask us – if this isn't possible we will let you know what will happen next
- make appointments within 5 working days, or 24 hours in the case of an emergency
- see all pre-booked appointments within 15 minutes
- provide a translation service, if needed
- make sure you have access to the online housing options assessment questionnaire
- give you information that enables you to make informed choices, in deciding what options are best for you
- try to prevent homelessness in this first place – for example, by working with specialist agencies or negotiating with your landlord
- provide an action plan that will help you take steps to prevent homelessness
- give you an appointment in 2 working days if you're at risk of being made homeless within 56 days
- see on the same day if you're homeless due to an emergency
- provide ongoing support – such as applying for benefits and linking you with support agencies – if you are placed in temporary accommodation
- assess your homeless application and make a decision within 33 working days - we will explain clearly why if are not able to do this
- inform you of our decision in writing and explain the reasons for our decision
- offer you a follow-up interview once you've been given a decision
- work with you and other agencies to make sure you have the best start if we've offered you long-term accommodation and you need support to maintain your tenancy
Checking how we do
We will know we are achieving these standards because we will:
- follow through complaints and take action to stop problems happening again
- review our service delivery and make improvements through yearly planning and appraisals
- consult with service users to make sure we give an effective and relevant service
- regularly check our performance