Brown bin collections are suspended temporarily from 7 January until further notice, due to high local rates of COVID-19 and a need for staff to self-isolate when advised to do so. Please store your brown bin away from the street until collections can start again.
Household waste and recycling
We have had to make some temporary changes to the way we collect household waste and recycling during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Your 3 coloured household wheeled bins are for different kinds of waste. Your blue and green/grey bins are collected weekly.
|Blue bin||Collected once a week on your usual day
Recyclable waste only – no food or garden waste.
|Green/grey bin||Collected once a week on your usual day
Non-recyclable and food waste only – no garden waste.
|Brown bin||Temporarily suspended
Usually every 2 weeks on your usual day, for garden waste only – no food.
Things to remember
It's important you remember:
- to leave your bins out by 5am on the day of collection
- to leave your bins at the front edge of your property, or at your agreed collection point
- to use the right bin for the different types of waste and recycling
- tissues and personal protective equipment (PPE) must be tied in plastic bags
- contaminated bins will not be emptied – check what goes in your bins
- you must stay at least 2m from our bin staff as they do their work
- collections may not be at the same time every week
- only waste in bins with the lid shut will be collected
- no side waste will be collected unless we have given notice – for example, sometimes when there are changes for public holidays