We have had to make some temporary changes to the way we collect household waste and recycling during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Your 3 coloured household wheeled bins are for different kinds of waste. Your blue and green/grey bins are collected weekly.
Your brown bin is collected on the same day every 2 weeks.
|Blue bin||Collected once a week on your usual day
Recyclable waste only – no food or garden waste.
|Green/grey bin||Collected once a week on your usual day
Non-recyclable and food waste only – no garden waste.
|Brown bin||Collected every 2 weeks on your usual day
Garden waste only – no food waste.
Brown bin collections every 2 weeks
For brown bin collections, your street will either be a 'Week 1' street or a 'Week 2' street. Check the collection day for your street and whether it's 'Week 1' or 'Week 2', using the street names links below.
The table below shows the weeks when your brown bin will be collected, depending on whether you're in a 'Week 1' or 'Week 2' street.
|Week 1 – Monday to Friday||Week 2 – Monday to Friday|
|19 October to 23 October||26 October to 30 October|
|2 November to 6 November||9 November to 13 November|
|16 November to 20 November||23 November to 27 November|
|30 November to 4 December||7 December to 11 December|
|14 December to 18 December||Check changes for public holidays|
Things to remember
It's important you remember:
- to leave your bins out by 5am on the day of collection
- to leave your bins at the front edge of your property, or at your agreed collection point
- to use the right bin for the different types of waste and recycling
- tissues and personal protective equipment (PPE) must be tied in plastic bags
- contaminated bins will not be emptied – check what goes in your bins
- you must stay at least 2m from our bin staff as they do their work
- collections may not be at the same time every week
- only waste in bins with the lid shut will be collected
- no side waste will be collected unless we have given notice – for example, sometimes when there are changes for public holidays