We are currently working on a high number of requests for repairs to fences at council housing. This means it's taking longer than usual to complete some repairs. We apologise for any inconvenience and expect to complete all overdue repairs by mid-September 2022.
Housing repairs and improvements
We are responsible for repairing and maintaining the structure and outside of the building. This includes any shared parts or services and to take reasonable steps to make good any faults which affect the structure.
Things we repair include:
- cisterns, tanks, pipes, wires and drains in the property which also serve other properties, for example, soil stacks or rising mains
- gas and water pipes or electrical supply cables and wires into the block, up to but not including the meter or stopcock in your property
- outside and inside structural or party walls, but not the inside surfaces
- any entrance doors and frames which open onto the outside of the building and not a landing or corridor
- outside window frames and sills
- roofs, chimney flues and stacks, gutters, rainwater and soil pipes, sewers, drains channels and watercourses
- balconies, passages, landings, staircases and other shared parts of the estate
- any TV or radio aerials installed by us or for us
- estate roads, shared gardens, car park areas, playgrounds and play equipment
- boundary walls and fences
- walls and fences on the estate and general areas you use with others
- store sheds in a block or shared part of the estate, shared washing lines and posts
- entry phone or door-entry system
- lifts and lighting to shared passages, landings, staircases and other shared indoor parts of the estate
For properties that have not had Transforming Homes works – which include kitchen and bathroom replacement – we will also repair:
- bathroom sanitary ware and tiling – these may be rechargeable
- kitchen cupboards, drawers, handles, worktops and tiling – these may be rechargeable
A full list of repair responsibilities is included in our repairs policy, below.
Housing repairs policy and procedures