Housing repairs and improvements
We are currently only carrying out emergency repairs, as listed below.
An emergency repair will be carried out within 24 hours, usually on the day it was reported. Out of hours repairs will be made safe and secure until a permanent repair is made.
You may be charged if you falsely report an ordinary repair as an emergency.
Electricity and gas
Emergency repairs include:
- total loss of electricity
- unsafe power, lighting, switch or socket
- total loss of gas supply
- total loss of heating
Emergency water repairs include:
- blocked drain, stack or toilet, if there is only 1 toilet in the property
- any leak of sewage
- unstoppable leak from pipe, tank or cistern that cannot be contained by the tenant, is in contact with the electric supply, or will lead to a ceiling collapse
- total loss of water supply
- total loss of hot water
Emergency building repairs include:
- ceiling collapse
- damage to asbestos-containing material
- insecure ground floor window
- insecure external door
- faulty smoke alarms
Wet rooms and adapted showers
Emergency wet room and adapted shower repairs include:
- wet room shower repairs for vulnerable residents with no other means of washing
- wet room pumps or drainage
- electric showers installed for a medical needs
- shower aids and adaptations for medical needs
Go to our reporting repairs page to check who you should contact.