An emergency repair will be carried out within 24 hours, usually on the day it was reported. Out of hours repairs will be made safe and secure until a permanent repair is made.
You may be charged if you falsely report an ordinary repair as an emergency.
Electricity and gas
Emergency repairs include:
- total loss of electricity
- unsafe power, lighting, switch or socket
- total loss of gas supply
Repairs for total heating loss between 1 November to 31 March, and out of hours heating repairs, are provided for:
- tenants over 65 years-old
- children under 5 living in the property
- tenants registered disabled
Outside office hours temporary heating may be supplied within 24 hours of reporting.
Emergency water repairs include:
- blocked drain, stack or toilet, if there is only 1 toilet in the property
- unstoppable leak from pipe, tank or cistern
- total loss of water supply
Emergency security repairs include:
- insecure ground floor window
- insecure external door
Go to our reporting repairs page to check who you should contact.