We are currently working on a high number of requests for repairs to fences at council housing. This means it's taking longer than usual to complete some repairs. We apologise for any inconvenience and expect to complete all overdue repairs by mid-September 2022.
Housing repairs and improvements
If you are a leaseholder you must keep the inside of your flat in good condition.
This includes fixing and maintaining the following:
- cisterns, tanks, pipes and wires which serve only your property
- stopcocks, including those between the mains supply and pipes serving the property
- non-structural walls
- doors and frames inside the property including other internal wooden features
- any entrance doors and frames which open onto a landing or corridor and not the outside of the building
- plaster, tiling and other wall and ceiling surfaces
- inside wall surfaces
- any heating or hot water services which are only for your property
A full list of repair responsibilities is included in our repairs policy, below.
Housing repairs policy and procedures