Housing repairs and improvements

Reporting repairs

To report a repair to your council property contact:

Housing repairs

: 0800 074 0169

: repairs@thurrock.gov.uk

This line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, free to call from landlines, call charges from mobile providers may vary.

Emails will be answered within 24 hours, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

If the repair is reported out of normal working hours it will be made safe or secure until a permanent repair can be made.

Gas leak

To report a gas leak, contact Cadent (formerly the National Grid):

Cadent - report a gas leak

: 0800 111 999

Blocked sewer

To report a blocked sewer to your property contact:

Anglian water - reporting a blocked sewer

: 08457 145 145

This is a 24-hour hotline and will cost the same as a local call.