We are currently working on a high number of requests for repairs to fences at council housing. This means it's taking longer than usual to complete some repairs. We apologise for any inconvenience and expect to complete all overdue repairs by mid-September 2022.
Housing repairs and improvements
Unless considered an emergency repair, we classify repairs into the following categories.
Repairs we aim to do in 5 working days
- partial loss of heating
- containable leak from a pipe, tank or cistern
- bad flush, where there is more than 1 toilet in property
- re-fix wall socket or light switch
- no hot water
Repairs we aim to do in 20 working days
- carpentry repairs
- floor and wall tiling repairs
- non-urgent external drainage and glazing repairs
We will do some repairs as part of a regular batch repair programme. We will tell you how long these are likely to take to complete.
- boundary fencing repairs
- plastering repairs
- non-urgent guttering and drainage clearance work
- external decorations
- concreting, asphalting and paving
- roofing and brickwork
Go to our reporting repairs page to check who you should contact.